Monday, March 2, 2009

You dont know my kid!!

Why the crap do perfect strangers think they know MY baby better than i do?? ugh!! this has happened soo many times to me, and today it happened again and im just so sick of it. No, my baby isnt tired. After I tell you that, dont tell me that you think he is anyways and that youre sure of it because he just "looks" like it. You dont even know how my son acts OR looks. I told you, he is bored being stuck in the stroller at the store while I shop.

And while I'm at it... bringing up my sons hair color is not a decent conversation starter. Maybe try something like "he's cute, how old is he?" or "whats his name?" dont say "WHOA!! he sure has red hair doesnt he?"

well, yes. yes he does. Its pretty freaking obvious. oh, and an fyi for those people... no, it is NOT a unique thing to say... I probably hear it more than anything else. Its not like i live in freakin China or something. Redheaded babies are not all that rare. There are 3 other redheaded babies in my ward alone!

So, there you go stupid man at Smiths and various others... maybe you should just keep your mouth shut next time you see a baby. or, just walk by and wave/smile to the baby. no biggie!

3 comments:

joanna said...

uh oh...

Brittney said...

haha.. I'm probably one of those stupid people who says something about the red hair just to start a conversation. :)

Meg said...

If you think it's bad with one, try having twins. :-) I hear, "Are they twins?" about twenty times a day. The one that I get sick of, though, is all the people who are looking straight at my children when they say, "Are they identical?" I just want to respond, "Do they look alike to you?" Their hair isn't even the same color! But I am usually nicer than that and just say no.