Monday, April 14, 2008

We have birds in our house!!

omgosh! i saw a beak!!! ahh! birds got into our ceiling area from our dryer vent and from there they got into furnace room! I saw a BEAK from the crack under the door! We dont know what to do.. we dont know how to get the bird(s) out without them flying around the house going nuts. We are probably gonna have to let them or it die inside our house!! eeeek! Its so freaky hearing the bird walking around the ceiling around us and hes flapping his wings and hitting against the furnace door right now! ahh! its freaking me OUT!!

3 comments:

joanna said...

Yikes, they made it inside??!!

Jenn said...

You should talk to Lil (or it may have been Beth or Meg). One of them had a bird living in their apartment wall. It had to be removed through the built in dresser drawers in her room. I hope you get it taken care of soon.

Meg said...

That was me that had a bird inside the wall of my apartment. We called the landlord and his response was "there's nothing I can do, it won't smell very bad when it dies, birds don't have much body mass they're mostly feathers." Helpful. Not really. So after he left I called my brother's apartment, he wasn't there but his roommate came over. We removed the drawers of the built-in dresser and cut a hole in the drywall inside. The bird walked out -- we were ready to catch it in a bucket or something. We took it outside and let it go.

In the same apartment, the same year, we had one other bird get in. We caught it and were going to take it outside. But my roommate wanted to see what kind of bird it was. She let it out, it flew all over our apartment, kept bumping into windows trying to get out. We eventually got it caught again. Luckily, it didn't make a mess or anything.

Good luck!!